Final 2016 Parliamentary Agreement update for 9th Assembly
ACT Labor and the ACT Greens released the final Parliamentary Agreement status update today, with 105 items delivered or on track to be delivered.
The Parliamentary Agreement covered shared priorities in health, education, transport, the environment as well as a range of other areas.
The final status update showed the delivery of key shared commitments such as:
- Delivering 100% renewable electricity for the ACT
- Three new nurse led in walk in centres in Gungahlin, Weston and the Inner North
- Planting over 4000 new trees in 2019-20 with an additional 20 000 more in 2022-23 to address the heat island effect in urban areas
- Delivery of Light Rail Stage 1 from Gungahlin to the City
- Delivering an ACT Independent Integrity Commission
- Banning developers from donating to political parties
- Investment in more public and affordable housing
- Establishment of the Office for Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Establishment of a Drug and Alcohol Court towards achieving a 25% reduction in recidivism by 2025
- Banning greyhound racing in the ACT
- Trialling the use of deliberative democracy programs, such as citizen’s juries
Over the last four years ACT Labor and the ACT Greens have worked together to deliver an effective and stable government.
Canberra is progressive, diverse and inclusive – and the Government has ensured these values were reflected in the work progressed throughout the 9th Assembly.