Indoor Cricket facilities at Barwon Valley Activity Centre (BVAC) are now accepting bookings for the 2021-2022 pre-season period.
The venue continues to run under COVID-19 conditions of use, below are some of the measures imposed unless further changes are announced in the future.
- We will be adopting a ‘no train, no pay’ policy so that you can book without fear of being charged for a service you were not able to use.
- All bookings will be considered tentative, with confirmation pending on the decisions of Governing Bodies and Local Health Authorities.
- Indoor capacity limits on the cricket lanes could be imposed and we will communicate these in due course. It is too early to confirm what these might look like, but rest assured, clubs will be able to cancel free of charge should the restrictions make training unfeasible.
The same booking format as the previous years will be in place as we endeavour to make the nets as accessible to as many clubs and community groups as possible. Moving forward, clubs will only be permitted to book in the following session blocks on weekdays:
- 4:00pm to 5:30pm
- 5:30pm to 7:00pm
- 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- 8:30pm to 10:00pm
Booking times are also available outside these times, inclusive of Sundays between 9:00am and 3:00pm.
The cost per session ‘block’ will be $90 including GST for the 2021-2022 financial year (based on $60 per hour). Individual cricket lanes will be available for hire for $20 including GST per hour during off-peak times.
Additional booking information
Cricket clubs do have the ability to book two blocks back-to-back; for example: session 1 and session 2.
Furthermore, clubs need to be aware that although their booking is for 90 minutes, they must ensure the final 10 minutes of a booking are allocated to packing up, removing all club equipment and ensure their players are off the training facilities. This is to ensure a smooth handover between club bookings.
Bookings will be generally be processed on a first come, first served basis, with BVAC Management reserving the right to respectfully alter bookings in the interest of fair usage as required.
How to book
Please follow the below booking method to submit your request for pre-season use:
- Determine your clubs preferred dates and times.
- Submit your online booking application.
You will receive acknowledgement of application (could take up to 2 business days) and written confirmation of clubs court bookings/allocations.
If you have any further enquiries, please contact the centre by email at [email protected]