- Virgin Australia has partnered with the Queensland Government by offering $75 flights to encourage Queenslanders to take a ‘Great Queensland Getaway’
- From 18 October until 31 October, Queenslanders can book flights between Brisbane and Cairns, Townsville, Hamilton Island and Whitsunday Coast for travel until 12 December 2021, unless sold our prior
- At $8 million, The ‘Great Queensland Getaway’ is one of the Queensland Government’s biggest-ever tourism campaigns
- In addition to cheap flights, Queenslanders can enjoy big discounts on accommodation and tourism experiences
- Virgin Australia continues to offer free booking flexibility to change or cancel to travel credit with no fees, available for travel up to 30 April 2022**.
- Sale fares are available to be booked using travel credits and Future Flight Credits at virginaustralia.com
- All Virgin Australia fares include Velocity Frequent Flyer Points and up to double Status Credits^.
Monday 18 October 2021: Virgin Australia is giving more Queensland families the chance to enjoy a holiday in their home state, by partnering with the Queensland Government to offer one-way Economy fares for just $75 on the following services:
- Brisbane – Cairns // Cairns – Brisbane
- Brisbane – Whitsunday Coast // Whitsunday Coast – Brisbane
- Brisbane – Hamilton Island // Hamilton Island – Brisbane
- Brisbane – Townsville // Townsville – Brisbane
The sale is part of the ‘Great Queensland Getaway,’ which is one the Queensland Government’s biggest ever tourism campaigns and will run from 18 October until 31 October, for air travel until 12 December 2021, unless sold out prior.
In addition to discounted fares, Queenslanders will also be offered reduced accommodation rates and up to 50 per cent off tourism experiences as part of the $8 million campaign designed to incentivise travel in the Sunshine State.