Commissioner Katarina Carroll has today announced the appointment of Debbie Platz as an assistant commissioner of the Queensland Police Service (QPS).
Assistant Commissioner Platz is a former member of the QPS and more recently an assistant commissioner with the Australian Federal Police.
Following the recent appointments, Commissioner Carrol also announced the placement and rotation of the new assistant commissioners.
• Assistant Commissioner Cheryl Scanlon will move from Ethical Standards Command to lead the Youth Justice Task Force as an interim appointment;
• Assistant Commissioner Brian Codd will move from Brisbane Region and is appointed to the new Domestic, Family Violence and Vulnerable Persons Command;
• Assistant Commissioner Brett Schafferius will move from the Northern Region and is appointed to the new Far North Region; and
• Assistant Commissioner Shane Chelepy will return to Operations Support Command as the COVID Command transitions to business as usual.
All remaining assistant commissioners will continue in their substantive positions.
• Assistant Commissioner Brian Swan is appointed to Brisbane Region;
• Assistant Commissioner Mark Wheeler is appointed to Northern Region;
• Assistant Commissioner Kath Innes is appointed to Crime and Intelligence Command; and
• Assistant Commissioner Debbie Platz is appointed to Security and Counter-Terrorism Command.
Further placements may occur into the future as the Service Alignment Program (SAP) progresses.
This will include the new North Coast Region which should be filled by mid-year.
All Assistant Commissioners moving to new commands will take up their positions in the coming weeks.