Do you know an individual or group who has gone above and beyond for the Bayside community in this year of unprecedented challenges and deserves our recognition?
Many local heroes have stepped up to help others in our community in 2020. With the COVID-19 pandemic, bushfires and the resulting hardships and challenges, some members of our community have led the way.
You can help to recognise these contributions by nominating a Bayside hero for an Australia Day Award.
Nominations for the 2021 Bayside City Council Australia Day Awards are now open. Anyone can nominate – it’s online and easy.
The Australia Day Awards recognise a personal contribution and/or outstanding community service by individuals and organisations. The award categories are:
- Citizen of the Year (27 years or older on January 26 2021)
- Young Citizen of the Year (under 27 years on January 26 2021)
- Senior Citizen of the Year (over 65 years on January 26 2021)
- Community Event of the Year (can be virtual or in person)
- Environmental Achievement – Individual
- Environmental Achievement – Organisation
The winners will be announced on Australia Day 2021. Applications close 7 December 2020.