We are pleased to announce the official reopening of the new Balwyn Community Centre following the completion of construction.
We’ve developed the site to meet our community’s needs. Features include:
- Six additional functional spaces for community programs and groups, including a demonstration kitchen, two new art rooms and a craft workshop
- Balwyn Maternal and Child Health relocated and expanded to a two-nurse unit
- An upgraded 20-place occasional child care centre
- 13,750 indigenous plants added throughout the parklands and Kergunyah Wetlands
- An upgraded function centre
- A refurbished, full-sized tennis court
- A new recreation zone, including exercise equipment, a learn-to-cycle path and table tennis tables
- An upgraded community garden including two additional community garden plots, a new shelter, shed and toilet for gardeners
We’ve retained the heritage character of the original building and improved the street frontage, providing a welcoming and open environment for all to enjoy.