Eight people have been arrested following a protest in the Adelaide CBD this morning.
At 8am Wednesday 20 October police were called to Victoria Square after a group of approximately 30 protesters blocked north bound traffic on King William Street.
Police closed the road while they attempted to remove the protesters who had glued themselves to the bitumen. Around 10.30am eight people were arrested:
– 67-year-old Hilton woman
– 44-year-old Torrens Park woman
– 71-year-old North Plympton woman
– 68-year-old Hazelwood Park woman
– 74-year-old Flagstaff Hill woman
– 69-year-old Croydon woman
– 66-year-old Flaxley woman
– 70-year-old Henley Beach man
They have all been charged with obstructing the path of drivers and are expected to be bailed to appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court at a later date.
10 other protestors were issued expiation notices.
Police would like to thank the public for their patience and understanding.