The Corowa Saleyards is set to host its Yearly Breeders Sale on Thursday, 21 October.
Federation Council Mayor Pat Bourke said Council and key stakeholders look forward to hosting the annual sale, which is well supported by Covid-19 Safe Management Plans to ensure that the annual sale can go ahead in a COVID safe environment.
“The space available at the Corowa Saleyards is limited and overcrowding will be strictly monitored and addressed to ensure compliance with NSW Government COVID-19 physical distancing restrictions,” he said.
“COVID-19 Safety Marshalls will be in attendance and monitoring to ensure everyone maintains physical distancing and the sale is ran safely for all.”
Measures in place to ensure the safety of participants include:
· Agents will be providing both in person and online auction sales.
· Prospective buyers are encouraged to use Auction Plus online tool to bid and buy for stock where possible.
· Prospective buyers can attend the sale in person to bid and buy stock however must maintain strict physical distancing at all times.
· Other prospective buyers can compete through an accredited buyer or free of charge through their preferred agent.
· COVID-19 Safety Marshall’s will be present throughout the duration of the sale to enforce conditions of entry.
· Limitation of entry to 1 person per buying entity only (no additional friends and family members allowed).
· All prospective buyers attending the sale in person must pre-register at the Corowa Saleyards Office before 10.30am on the day of sale.
Mayor Bourke said the Corowa Saleyards continues to be considered as one of the safest and best operated saleyards complex in the region, if not the State.
“Our dedicated Council team, with the cooperation of all our authorised personnel have made this possible once again and is a credit to all involved. Council will continue to closely monitor Covid-19 regulations and will amend operating practices and procedures in accordance with Public Health directives.”
View the Corowa Saleyards Staged Pathway Back here.(PDF, 442KB)
View the Corowa Saleyards Conditions of Entry here(PDF, 481KB).
View the Corowa Saleyards Covid 19 Safety Management Plan here.(PDF, 865KB)