The Westfield W-League 2020/21 Season Draw is here! Read on below for all the details.
- 15 Westfield Matildas-capped players and 40-plus potential Westfield Young Matildas will feature this season, with that number set to grow as preparations commence for the Tokyo Olympics and AFC U20 Women’s Asian Cup campaigns
- Historic double-header on 27 December 2020 when Western Sydney Wanderers FC host Melbourne Victory in the opening round double-header
- Westfield W-League Grand Final rematch between Sydney FC and Melbourne City on 30 December 2020
- Double Sydney Derby 16 January 2021 at ANZ Stadium
- FOX SPORTS to broadcast a minimum of 27 regular season matches and all Westfield W-League 2021 Finals Series matches and ABC TV to broadcast every Sunday afternoon
- Download the full draw here
The Westfield W-League kicks off with an historic double-header on 27 December 2020 when Western Sydney Wanderers FC host Melbourne Victory at Bankwest Stadium, the first time the men’s and women’s domestic seasons will start concurrently.
A Westfield W-League grand final rematch between Sydney FC and Melbourne City is the other Round 1 history-making headline act at ANZ Stadium three days later, with the A-League Grand Final rematch between the same clubs taking place as a double-header with the men’s teams.
On Saturday 16 January there will be a Double-Header-Sydney-Derby at ANZ Stadium with the Westfield W-League fixture preceding the A-League.
Currently there are 15 current or former Westfield Matildas and more than 40 potential Westfield Young Matildas signed up to feature in this season’s Westfield W-League as preparations commence for next July’s Tokyo Olympics and the AFC U20 Women’s Asian Cup qualifiers.
The Wanderers’ momentous men’s team derby clash with the latest expansion team Macarthur FC, taking place after the Westfield W-League opener between Western Sydney Wanderers FC and Melbourne Victory, will also have a unique twist with the A-League expansion club led by former Westfield Matildas coach Ante Milicic.
FOX SPORTS will broadcast live a minimum of 27 Westfield W-League 2020/21 season matches and the entire Westfield 2021 Finals Series. ABC TV will broadcast live one match per round on Sunday afternoons (Sunday afternoon), as well as all matches of the Westfield W-League 2021 Finals Series live.
All matches of the Westfield W-League 2020/21 Season will also be streamed live on Kayo Sports (www.kayosports.com.au) and the My Football Live App.
Head of Leagues, Greg O’Rourke said:
“This year’s Westfield W-League is packed full of young, Australian talent as the players battle for places in the Westfield Matildas squad ahead of the rescheduled Olympic Games to be held in Tokyo and the AFC U20 Women’s Asian Cup.
“The world is watching women’s football in Australia, and we know how much fans want to be a part of the action too. Every game will be available online, and on Thursday and Sundays Westfield W-League fans can watch the games live on FOX SPORTS and ABC TV.”
Brisbane Roar FC forward and Westfield Matilda cap #182, Emily Gielnik, said:
“This season is a massive opportunity for young players coming through to show exactly what they’re made of, especially in the run up to the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023. I’ve returned to play in the Westfield W-League this season, considering the timing of everything, I feel it’s the best decision forward for me at this current stage.”