From 11.59pm on Thursday 17 June 2021, the COVID-19 restrictions across metropolitan Melbourne (including the City of Yarra) will ease further. These changes follow the Acting Premier’s announcement today.
- The 25km travel limit from your home will be removed.
- Travel between metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria will resume.
- Up to 20 people can gather outdoors from any number of households. Infants under 12 months aren’t included in this cap.
- You can have up to 2 visitors to your home per day (plus dependants). Infants under 12 months aren’t included in this cap.
- Masks will no longer be required outdoors if you are able to keep 1.5 metre physical distancing.
- Masks will still be required indoors including shopping centres, supermarkets, department stores, workplaces and indoor markets.
- 50% return for offices or up to 20 people if total workplace is 40 or less.
- All employees are still encouraged to work from home if they can.
- Hospitality venues will be open for seated service only with a maximum patron cap of 150 per venue. They can also have no more than 75 patrons indoors.
Sport and recreation
- Community sport will be open for all ages. This will be for training and competition.
- Gyms will reopen.
- Weddings will be able to have up to 20 people attend.
- Funerals can be held with up to 75 mourners in attendance.
These changes may affect our services. Keep an eye on our service changes page for ongoing updates.