Hawkesbury City Council has partnered with the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment to provide digital services to the community on the NSW Planning Portal at www.planningportal.nsw.gov.au so that Development Applications can be submitted online.
Council has been successfully accepting Development Application (DA) lodgements through the NSW Planning Portal since May 2020. From 1 January 2021, Development Applications can only be lodged via the NSW Planning Portal and not directly with Council.
The online platform allows homeowners and businesses to lodge applications from their home or office.
Community members can also see in real-time what developments are proposed in their areas.
Council has computers in a COVID-safe environment with wipes and sanitiser available for use by the applicant at Council’s Administration Building, 366 George Street, Windsor.
From 1 January 2021, online lodgement via the NSW Planning Portal will include lodgement for:
- Construction Certificates
- Complying Development Certificates
- Occupation Certificates
- Subdivision Certificates.
The NSW Planning Portal can be accessed at www.planningportal.nsw.gov.au
A video animation about Online DA lodgement is available at https://pp.planningportal.nsw.gov.au/onlineDA
How to Lodge
1. Register for a NSW Planning Portal account to start your application
2. Log in to complete the online application form. You will need to submit a Statement of Environmental Effects and a Cost Estimate Report. You may be required to submit further documents to support your development application.