Narrandera Shire Council will collect bulky waste as part of kerbside collection during the week commencing 11 October 2021.
Please place your waste items streetside no earlier than Saturday 9 October 2021.
This service is restricted to residents with a current domestic waste collection.
What you can include:
- Maximum two cubic metres (like what would fit inside a small box trailer)
- Mattresses and bed bases
- Non-recyclable household items
- Rolled and tied-up carpets up to 1.8m long (maximum three rolls)
- Empty hot water systems
- Whitegoods with doors removed
- Small items (must be larger than a toaster) should be placed out in unwanted bins/crates/boxes or neatly stacked for collection. Crates/tubs placed out will not be returned.
What you cannot include:
- Items over 1.8m long
- Heavy items that can’t be safely moved by two people
- Liquid or business waste
- E-waste (such as TVs and computers)
- Car parts, tyres, oils
- Sheet glass, mirrors, windows, glass tables
- Building material, including insulation, brick, rubble, kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities, asbestos
- Hazardous waste, including smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, gas bottles, chemicals, paint, car batteries
- Vegetation, recyclable material, household garbage
- Polystyrene beads, put these in a strong plastic bag, expel the air and seal. Place the bag in the green lidded bin
- Small items like knives, forks and spoons. (Nothing smaller than a toaster)
By following these guidelines and information the residents of Narrandera Shire will be ensuring the success of the kerbside collection service while maintaining a safe and tidy streetscape.