Council recognises that inclusion is fundamental to creating a healthy and cohesive Hawkesbury. As such, Council has developed a Draft Dementia Friendly Hawkesbury Plan 2019-2021 to provide Council with a clear set of actions and strategies to be undertaken to improve inclusion for people living with a diagnosis of dementia and their carers. Council thanks the Dementia Working Group for their initiative and work developing this plan.
The Draft Dementia Friendly Hawkesbury Plan has been developed with reference to feedback provided by:
- participants of the focus groups for people with dementia
- participants of the focus groups for carers
- all of the respondents to the community survey
- local businesses, services and organisations
- Hawkesbury Dementia Working Group
- Dementia Australia
- Hawkesbury Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee.
Council now invites the community to view and comment on the Draft Dementia Friendly Hawkesbury Plan 2019-2021. The Draft Plan is on public exhibition until Thursday 19 December 2019.
You can view the Draft Plan at Council’s Administration Office, 366 George Street, Windsor 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, or during Library opening hours at Hawkesbury Central Library, Deerubbin Centre (Ground Floor), 300 George Street, Windsor, and Richmond Branch Library, 29 West Market Street, Richmond.
The Draft Plan is also available on Council’s online community engagement site www.yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au and may also be viewed online and downloaded by visiting Council’s community engagement site at www.yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au
You can have your say about the Draft Plan:
- Online: by completing a submission via Your Hawkesbury Your Say,
- In person: at Council’s Administration Building, 366 George Street, Windsor