The Victorian State Government must not wait to announce a roadmap out of lockdown and make some immediate changes to help struggling Victorians.
Victorian families deserve to know when they will be allowed to meet friends and loved ones again. It’s wrong to keep families in limbo.
Victorian businesses deserve certainty as to when they can expect to reopen and start rebuilding. These Victorians’ livelihoods are not a political game.
Victorian students deserve a plan to get them back in the classroom and get their development back on track. Our kids’ mental health is too important not to.
Some immediate changes that should happen:
- End the curfew;
- Commit to the National Cabinet plan without reservation;
- Get Year 11 and 12 students back into the classroom for the start of Term 4;
- Allow small outdoor family gatherings;
- Bring Victorian families stranded interstate home as soon as possible;
- Release the health advice upon which each and every restriction imposed is based;
- Tell the truth about our hospitals and their growing waiting lists.
After 227 days in lockdown, Victorians deserve the truth and a real plan that gives us hope.
As stated by Leader of the Opposition, Matthew Guy:
“Every day spent waiting is another day wasted. No more spin, just give us the plan.
“Rather than stringing the community along for another week, let’s give families, businesses and students some certainty today.
“Victorians just want to get on with their lives and deserve a positive plan that gives our state hope for the future.”