People in Sydney and the South Coast are being warned to prepare their homes and property now ahead of possible minor flooding over the next few days.
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a flood watch for local and minor flooding along coastal rivers from Sydney to Moruya late today into Tuesday.
If you live in these areas prepare now:
- Stay up to date with information. Listen to flood warnings and follow the advice on how to protect yourself, family and property.
- Consider collecting essential items in a waterproof bag: food, water, warm clothes, medications, valuables, important documents, toys for children in case you need to leave.
- Keep your pets close by, always know where they are.
- Clean up yards and secure moveable objects such as trampolines, BBQs and outdoor furniture.
- Check on your family, friends and neighbours and share this information.
- Farmers and businesses are encouraged to:
- Move pumps, animals and equipment to higher ground before roads close and organise for sufficient stock feed and water for your animals.
- Move poisons, waste and chemicals to high storage locations.
- Gather important business documents and records and keep them with you.
Photo: 194 jobs state-wide since midnight Saturday. Most of the jobs have been for leaking and damaged roofs as well as trees down over roads and requests for sandbags.