Geneva, Switzerland – The COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically shown the degree to which vulnerability, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity (VUCA) characterize our world today. Higher levels of resilience and adaptability on the individual and organizational level are needed and can only be achieved through rapid development and implementation of new skills and innovative organizational strategies. In light of this, UNITAR and the Hertie School Executive Education signed a Letter of Agreement to empower growth-oriented professionals working in multilateral contexts, both in the private and public sector. The joint Executive Online Certificate on Leadership and the Future of Work lies at the core of this collaborative effort.
This Executive Certificate aims to equip participants with pivotal self-management skills such as active learning, resilience, stress tolerance, and flexibility, in addition to a stronger set of core critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
A partnership equipping growth-oriented professionals with pertinent skills for tomorrow’s dynamic working environments
This programme seeks to create an environment where participants identify, examine, and acquire the essential professional qualities needed to sustain a project in a VUCA work world. Simultaneously, the Executive Certificate will serve as an opportunity to network and establish partnerships with other like-minded individuals from around the world.
The programme aims to strengthen participants’ abilities to:
- Analyze current megatrends in the workplace and marketplace and identify the impact these developments have on their own organizations and businesses;
- Define the extent to which work is changing and the concept of new work, examining the limitations and opportunities it creates and where specifically the latter could be deployed in the participants’ workplace and teams;
- Develop organizational strategies to seize the opportunities and address the challenges posed by changing working environments;
- Examine different leadership styles and appreciate the changing roles and responsibilities of leaders working in VUCA environments;
- Develop their personal and cultural leadership style using their unique strengths for successful team mobilization;
- Reinforce management change towards a more innovative and agile organizational culture, which enables organizations and businesses to thrive in today’s VUCA environment.
Content and Structure
The Executive Online Certificate on Leadership and the Future of Work comprises a series of nine tailor-made e-Workshops and sessions delivered over ten weeks starting March 2022.