The achievements and contributions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across the region were recognised in the Macarthur NAIDOC Awards.
Mayor George Brticevic announced the winners at an online ceremony last week.
“The Macarthur NAIDOC Awards are an initiative to celebrate those people and organisations who go above and beyond to contribute to our community,” Cr Brticevic said.
“We had some amazing nominations and it was heartening to hear about some of the great works and actions that have been happening, particularly over these past few months under very difficult circumstances,” he said.
Award winners include:
- Outstanding Service to the Community (organisation) – South Western Sydney Local Health District Aboriginal Health Unit
- Outstanding Service to the Community (group) – Picton High School ATSI Dance Group
- Outstanding Service to the Community (worker/individual) – Mandy Edwards
- Outstanding Service to the Community (Elder) – Edward Burge
- Outstanding Service to the Community (Volunteer) – Edward Burge
- Outstanding Commitment to Reconciliation (organisation) – Officeworks Campbelltown
- Outstanding Personal Commitment to Reconciliation – Alanah Scholes