Five major Western Australian employers will share how they foster diverse and inclusive workplaces at a national disability employment conference this week.
Workforce participation rates of people with disability remain staggeringly low in Australia despite decades of research highlighting the value of diverse and inclusive workplaces.
Disability Employment Australia’s Conference, to be held this week in Perth, will explore how the employment rate of people with disability can be increased, with presentations from the government, NDIA, disability advocates, researchers, and people with lived experience spanning the two days.
A panel of employers on day two will discuss best practice strategies that workplaces can adopt to increase employment of people with disability. The expert panel includes:
- · Vanessa Davies, National General Manager Diversity & Inclusion, Compass Group Australia
- · Renae Greenway, HR Business Partner, City of Cockburn
- · Jennie Milne, General Manager, Human Resources, The Royal Automobile Club of Western Australia
- · Andrew Rocchiccioli, Regional HR Manager WA, Bunnings
- · Ian Tsolakis, Group Disability Employment Manager, Crown Perth
Disability Employment Australia’s Conference is the only employment conference focused solely on disability and the open employment market. It will feature over 40 influential and informative speakers, with delegates from over 100 organisations.
• View the whole conference program here: http://dea.conferenceworks.com.au/program