Fremantle Detectives have charged a man with a number of offences including cruelty to animals after two incidents in Spearwood on Saturday, 10 August 2019.
It will be alleged between 3.30am and 4am, the man broke into a house in Nineham Avenue and stole various items. He allegedly threw the home owner’s eight-month-old Pug dog, Coco over a perimeter wall. The dog was later found deceased.
The second incident occurred about 12.40pm, when a woman in her 70s was walking through Bavich Park and it is alleged the man approached her from behind and pushed her. As the woman fell to the ground he grabbed her handbag and ran off. She received grazing to her head, a sore shoulder and knee.
A 29-year-old man from Geraldton has been charged with:
• Two counts of Possession of Stolen or Unlawfully Obtained Property;
• One count of Aggravated Home Burglary and Commit;
• One count of Cruelty to Animals;
• One count of Aggravated Robbery;
• One count of Stealing; and
• One count of Give False Personal Details to Police.
He is due to appear in the Fremantle Magistrates Court today, 15 August 2019.