As a result of their ongoing investigation into the activities of a 31-year-old man, Sex Assault Squad detectives have charged him with an additional 17 offences.
It is alleged between February and March 2022, the man met five women through different online dating sites. It will be alleged whilst the man was on a date with the women at either a licensed premises or his home, he put a substance in their drinks causing them to become incapacitated before sexually assaulting them.
Further to his previous arrest, the 31-year-old man from Shelley has been charged with:-
• Seven counts of Sexual Penetration without Consent;
• Four counts of Stupefying in Order to Commit an Indictable Offence;
• Two counts of Common Assault;
• Two counts of Supplied a Prohibited Drug.
• One count of Impeded Another Person’s Normal Breathing or Blood Circulation by Applying Pressure to Neck; and
• One count of Unlawful and Indecent Assault.
He is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court today, 14 April 2022.
The investigation is ongoing and detectives urge anyone with information relating to this matter, or any similar incidents, to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online at www.crimestopperswa.com.au
If you are or have been a victim of sexual abuse, or if you have information about someone being abused, please contact police on 131 444. Women who have concerns they have been a victim of an assault but who do not wish to speak to police can seek support from the Sexual Assault Resource Centre (SARC) on 6458 1828.