Nominations are now open for the Campaspe Murray Business Awards showcasing excellence and innovation across a range of business and industry categories.
Campaspe Shire Council Mayor, Cr Chrissy Weller said the awards are a great opportunity to recognise and reward the region’s most outstanding businesses.
“Local businesses are the backbone of our dynamic regional economy, providing jobs, vital services and goods for our everyday living and lifestyle choices,” Cr Weller said.
“We have a diverse, energetic business community on both sides of the Murray. These awards are a tangible way of celebrating their achievements, especially after the past few years dealing with the impacts of the pandemic which have been an enormous challenge for small business. They have really shown us just how innovative they can be.
“Applications are open to businesses operating within the Campaspe Shire and Murray River Council areas and there are 11 business categories to choose from.”
The 2022 award categories are:
- Campaspe Murray Business of the Year
- Greenhams Best Agri-business
- Moama Bowling Club Best Home-based Business
- Mawsons Best New Business
- McPherson Media Best Retail Business
- Rich River Golf Club Resort Excellence in Hospitality
- Foodmach Excellence in Manufacturing and Trade
- Discovery Parks Group Excellence in Tourism
- Edge FM Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Melville & Hicks Lawyers Employee of the Year
- Best Professional Service
- Best Professional Service – Community
Applications are now open, closing mid-June.
Murray River Council Mayor, Cr Chris Bilkey said in addition to the nomination categories, the popular People’s Choice Award will once again be run this year.
“The Nichol Trading People’s Choice Award category will allow members of the public to vote for their favourite finalist business, with voting open from Monday, 25 July through to Monday 5 September,” Cr Bilkey said.
Awards will be presented at the Gala Awards Night on Wednesday, 19 October.
Full details, including link to the online application form, are available at website: www.campaspemurraybusinessawards.com