Police have charged four men with weapons and drug offences following an investigation into organised crime in the Bankstown area.
As part of ongoing investigations, detectives from Bankstown Police Area Command, with assistance from South West Metropolitan Operation Support Group, have concluded a two-day operation under Strike Force Polar and arrested four men and seized drugs, cash and weapons.
Strike Force Polar was established earlier this year and forms part of Operation Trident, targeting drug supply, drug manufacture and mid-level organised crime within the South West Metropolitan Region.
Incidents of note include:
– About 7am yesterday (Thursday 17 December 2020), police attended an address on Columbine Avenue, Bankstown, and arrested a 33-year-old man. Upon searching the home, police allegedly located a small quantity of methylamphetamine and GHB. The 33-year-old man was issued a Future Court Attendance Notice for possessing a prohibited drug. He will appear at Bankstown Local Court in February 2021.
– At 7.10am yesterday, police executed a search warrant at a home on Nambucca Place, Padstow Heights and arrested a 52-year-old man. Upon searching the premise, police seized a slingshot and a small amount of heroin. The man was charged with possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit and Possess prohibited drug. He was granted conditional bail to appear in Bankstown Local Court on Tuesday 14 January 2021.
– About 7.50am yesterday, police attended a unit on Oxford Street, Bankstown, and established a crime scene after allegedly locating a clandestine laboratory within the bedroom. Police seized an extended firearm magazine, drug paraphernalia and equipment and chemicals consistent with the supply and manufacture of prohibited drugs. A 38-year-old man was arrested and taken to Bankstown Police Station where he was charged with acquire etc firearm part, possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit, and use prohibited weapon contrary to prohibition. The man was refused bail to appear in Bankstown Local Court today (Friday 18 December 2020), where he was formally refused bail to appear in the same court on Tuesday 14 January 2021.
– About 1.25pm yesterday, a search warrant was executed at a unit on Cann Street, Bass Hill, where police seized identity and bank cards, handcuffs, a flick knife, and cannabis. A 27-year-old man, was arrested at the scene and taken to Bankstown Police Station where he was charged with goods suspected stolen in/on premises (not m/v), two counts of possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit, and Possess prohibited drug. He was refused bail to appear in Bankstown Local Court today (Friday 18 December 2020).
– At 2pm yesterday, a firearms protection order was executed at an address on Whitemore Avenue, Georges Hall, where police seized steroids and $75,000 cash. Inquiries continue.
Anyone with information about drug supply and manufacture is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report information via NSW Police social media pages.