Police have charged a second man with 20 offences as part of an ongoing investigation into alleged break, enter and steal offences in the state’s Hunter region.
Last month, officers attached to Lake Macquarie Police District’s Proactive Crime Team commenced an investigation after reports of property offences occurring in the Dora Creek and Cooranbong areas.
Following extensive inquiries, with assistance from Tuggerah Lakes Police District, three search warrants were executed on Tuesday (13 October 2020), at properties in Woongarah, Morriset and Sunshine.
During the warrants, investigators seized a number of items, believed to be stolen, including six motorcycles, camping equipment, protective motorcycle clothing, a NSW Police uniform, 30 cannabis plants, cocaine, an electronic stun device, fireworks, ammunition and a replica pistol.
A 33-year-old man was arrested at the Woongarah property and taken to Wyong Police Station, where he was charged with deal with property proceeds of crime, two counts of possess prohibited drug, possess prohibited plant, cultivate prohibited plant, handle explosive without authorising licence and possess unauthorised firearm.
The man was granted conditional bail and is due to appear before Wyong Local Court on Wednesday 4 November 2020.
Following further inquiries, an 18-year-old man was arrested at Toronto Police Station just before 5.30pm yesterday (Friday 16 October 2020).
He was charged with 20 offences;
- four counts of aggravated break and enter commit serious indictable offence,
- two counts of steal trailer,
- four counts of steal motor vehicle,
- two counts of larceny,
- enter inclosed land not prescribed premises without lawful excuse,
- possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit,
- two counts of possess prohibited drug,
- deal with property proceeds of crime,
- supply prohibited drug,
- possess ammunition without holding licence/permit, and
- not police officer wear police uniform.
The Sunshine man was refused bail to appear before Newcastle Bail Court today (Saturday 17 October 2020).