Armed Crime Squad investigators have charged a man and woman following a spate of armed robberies across Melbourne’s northwest.
The alleged incidents took place over a number of years and included:
– an armed robbery at a Tottenham liquor store in April 2014;
– armed robbery at a gaming venue in St Albans in June 2015;
– armed robbery at a post office in Deer Park in June 2018;
– armed robbery at a sporting club in Kings Park in November 2018;
– and an attempted armed robbery at a gaming venue in St Albans in November 2018.
Detectives executed warrants at separate addresses in Kings Park and Albanvale yesterday (30 January), where they allegedly seized items including imitation firearms, clothing, mobile phones, cannabis plants and a vehicle.
As a result, a 34-year-old Kings Park man was arrested and charged with a number of offences, including armed robbery, attempted armed robbery, recklessly cause injury, assault with weapon and firearm-related offences.
A 39-year-old Albanvale woman has been charged with armed robbery, theft, traffic drug of dependence (methamphetamine) and cultivate cannabis.
Both have been remanded to appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court today.