The burn will be undertaken in the bushland between Peter Meadows Road and Old Kent Road, Kentlyn.
There will be limited access to Peter Meadows Road on Saturday 17 October 2020.
Traffic diversions will be in place, and residents are advised to plan ahead as delays are expected.
The purpose of the burn is to reduce the fuel loads and protect residents from uncontrolled fire during this summer season.
Bushfire management is an important part of the natural environment. Environmental assessments have been undertaken and we have implemented control measures and conditions to ensure native flora and fauna are not adversely affected from this activity.
The hazard reduction burn is weather dependent, and any changes to these dates will be updated on this webpage.
Precautions for residents during burns
You may see smoke and ash in the area throughout the burn. You are encouraged to take necessary precautions to protect yourselves and your property by:
- Preventing smoke entering buildings by closing doors and windows
- Covering outdoor furniture and retracting pool covers to prevent ember damage
- Removing washing from the clothes line
- Making sure pets have a sheltered area and plenty of water
- If you have asthma or a lung condition, reduce outdoor activities. If smoke levels are high and if shortness of breath or coughing develops, take your reliever medicine or seek medical advice
- Motorists should slow down, keep windows up and turn headlights on.
For your safety, we strongly advise you not to enter recently burnt bushland to aid post fire restoration.