Sex Assault Squad detectives have charged a man after an incident in Perth on Saturday 25 January 2020 in which a woman was physically and sexually assaulted.
Detectives would also like to thank nearby residents and members of the public who came to the woman’s assistance when they heard her screaming. Without their intervention, the woman could have been more seriously injured.
It will be alleged around 4.20am, a woman in her 20s had finished work and was walking along Aberdeen Street to her car, when the man approached her and asked for money. When she declined to give him money it is alleged the man physically and sexually assaulted her.
The woman received facial, head and neck injuries and was conveyed to Royal Perth Hospital for treatment.
The 27-year-old man from Kellerberrin has been charged with:-
• Four counts of Aggravated Sexual Penetration without Consent;
• Two counts of Aggravated Indecent Assault;
• One count of Assault Occasioning Bodily Harm;
• One count of Aggravated Assault with Intent to Rob; and
• One count of With Intent to Harm did an Act Causing Bodily Harm.
He is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court today, 26 January 2020.