A man will face court today after being charged following an investigation into historical sexual assault offences in Sydney’s south west.
In January 2018, detectives attached to Campbelltown City Police Area Command commenced an investigation following reports several children and a woman were sexually assaulted by a man, known to them, between 1995 and 2012.
Following extensive inquiries, detectives arrested a 43-year-old man at a home in Rosemeadow about 8.45am today (Monday 21 September 2020).
He was taken to Campbelltown Police Stations and charged with 62 offences including;
- 17 x Indecent assault where victim under the age of 10 years
- 20 x Sexual intercourse with person under the age of 10 years
- 4 x Commit act of indecency with victim under 10 years
- 2 x Assault with act of indecency
- 1 x Sexual intercourse without consent
- 7 x Aggravated sex assault- victim under the age of 16 years
- 1 x Aggravated sex assault- victim under authority of offender
- 3 x Aggravated indecent assault- victim under authority of offender
- 2 x Aggravated indecency-victim under 16 & under authority offender
- 5 x Aggravated indecent assault- victim under the age of 16 year
Police will allege in court that the man sexually assaulted a woman and four children – then aged between three and 16 – on multiple occasions between 1995 and 2012 across Sydney’s south west.
He was refused bail and appeared at Campbelltown Local Court today where he was formally bail refused to appear at the same court on Wednesday 25November 2020.
Investigations are continuing.
Anyone with concerns about suspected sexual abuse or exploitation should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au.
Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence. People should not report crime information via our Facebook and Twitter pages.