Child Abuse Squad detectives have charged a 67-year-old man with 17 offences as a result of their investigation into his activities.
It is alleged between November 2019 and May 2020 the man sexually assaulted a girl who was 10-years-old at the time of the first offence and during the offences, he tied her up and physically assaulted her.
It is further alleged between August 2018 and May 2020 the man indecently dealt with a girl who was 5-years-old at this time of the first offence.
In September 2020 a search warrant was executed at the man’s home and various items were seized including electronic devices belonging to the man. Analysis of these devices identified images of an indecent/obscene nature.
The 67-year-old man from the Perth metropolitan area has been charged with:-
• 4 counts of Indecent Dealings with a Child under 13 years;
• 4 counts of Common Assault in Circumstances of Aggravation or Racial Aggravation;
• 3 counts of Deprivation of Liberty;
• 1 count of Threats to Injure, Endanger or Ham any person;
• 1 count of Child under 16 years: Persistent Sexual Conduct With;
• 1 count of Possess or Copy an Indecent or Obscene Article;
• 1 count of Possess a Prohibited Drug (Meth);
• 1 count of Fail to Provide and Use Adequate Storage Facilities to Ensure Firearms or Ammunition Safety; and
• 1 count of Unlicensed Person possess Firearm/Ammunition.
He is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court today, 23 October 2020 and police will be opposing bail.