WA Police detectives have arrested five juvenile males and charged them with a total of 103 offences as a result of their investigation into a series of burglaries that occurred during Sunday 26 September 2021 and across districts.
The investigation involved officers from Fremantle, Rockingham, Joondalup and Perth City Detective offices, and Rockingham Police station and the juveniles were apprehended around 10.45pm in Shoalwater.
It is alleged the group stole a Kia Optima sedan from a home in Joondalup and using that vehicle committed burglaries. It is further alleged they used stolen axes from a burglary at a camping store in Innaloo to smash windows at all of the burglary incidents. It is also alleged one offender threatened a ride-share driver with an axe in Beaconsfield.
The offences occurred at:-
• A café on Marine Parade Cottesloe;
• A newsagency on Napoleon Street Cottesloe;
• A health food store on Napoleon Street Cottesloe;
• A camping store on Scarborough Beach Road Innaloo;
• A fast food outlet on Hampton Road Beaconsfield;
• A café on Safety Bay Road in Safety Bay;
• A pizza store on Safety Bay Road in Safety Bay;
• A fish and chip takeaway store on Safety Bay Road in Safety Bay;
• A hairdressing salon on Safety Bay Road in Safety Bay;
• A fish and chip takeaway store on Penguin Road Safety Bay; and
• A café on Safety Bay Road in Shoalwater.
A 17-year-old from Kenwick, a 17-year-old from Spearwood, a 16-year-old from Armadale; a 16-year-old from Beckenham and a 16-year-old from North Perth have been charged with the offences of Aggravated Burglary; Stealing; Steal Motor Vehicle and Criminal Damage. They have been refused bail and are in custody and will appear in court at a later date.