The Territory Labor Government is making the NT the easiest place to do business.
We are cutting red tape with local businesses now able to manage and complete more of their vehicle registration transactions through the new MVR for Business portal.
It follows the Chief Ministers announcement earlier this month about slashing business licensing and approvals timeframes.
The MVR for Business portal will allow more than 7,000 Territory businesses to access vehicle registration transactions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
It will help businesses get down to business quicker with no need to visit an MVR shop front for a number of transactions that can now be completed online.
Working with industry and engaging with stakeholders to understand what the sector needs, this new portal has been built for:
- licensed motor vehicle dealers
- trucking companies
- construction sectors
- taxi companies
- local governments
- authorised inspectors
- fleet operators.
The MVR for Business portal will:
- Enable business customers all over the Territory to process their own transactions without having to attend an MVR office or Police outstation.
- Improve authentication and introduce new digital features for users.
Services of the portal include:
- renew registrations in bulk – must comply with safety standards
- submit notice of disposals
- upgrade heavy vehicle configuration
- transfer ownership
- register factory-new and expired vehicles
- submit roadworthy inspection
- record vehicle compliance check.