Ballina Shire Council is pleased to advise that the River Street Duplication project is progressing well. Duplication of the outbound lanes is underway and Council’s construction crews are advancing through Phases 8 and 9.
Subsoil drainage works have commenced in Phase 9 with construction (from Trevan Ford to the Chaparral Motel) to commence the week of 21 September 2021.
To expedite these works and reduce the impact on business access, our crews will carry out night works until 10pm on Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 September 2021.
The following traffic conditions are in place on the outbound lanes:
- Speed limit is reduced to 40kmph in construction zones
- Street parking is reduced and at times unavailable. This is necessary to maintain the travel lane during construction.
- Some businesses will be required to use Kalinga Street for access. Keep an eye out for signage.
- Traffic control or detours will be necessary at certain times. There may be delays, so plan to leave earlier than you normally would.
- The right hand turn into Ronan Place is permanently closed. Ronan Place is now left in/left out only.
The removal of the right hand turn from River Street into Ronan Place is a necessary safety measure to prevent vehicles crossing two lanes of traffic. Vehicles can access Ronan Place from the inbound lane, this may require motorists to detour via the Quays Drive (Bunnings) roundabout or Barlows Road.
Landscaping of the median and approaches will commence in October and continue into early 2022. Temporary lane/road closures and associated detours will be required when landscaping is underway.
Ballina Shire Council thanks local businesses and wider community for their continued patience during this important upgrade..
For more information and to register for email project updates visit ballina.nsw.gov.au/RiverStreetDuplication