Following extensive consultation on the project’s designs, public input is now being sought on 5 potential names for the new premium station set to be delivered as part of works to remove the Union Road, Surrey Hills and Mont Albert Road, Mont Albert level crossings.
We’ve received over 6000 pieces of feedback from the community throughout the life of the project and now we’re seeking feedback as part of the naming process. Community input will help inform the new station name that will connect the communities of Surrey Hills and Mont Albert.
The Victorian Government will review community feedback and determine the final name from the list of 5 options below, with consideration to the statutory rules that govern how places are named in Victoria.
The 5 proposed names are:
- Surrey Hills Station (based on the location of the station car parks)
- Mont Albert Station (based on the location of the station concourses and platforms)
- Beresford Station (based on the proximity of the station to Beresford Street)
- Union Station (based on proximity of the station to Union Road)
- Surrey Albert Station (based on the new station serving two localities)