Australian wineries will travel en-masse to the UK for the first time in more than two years to pour wines, tell stories and meet the trade at the London Wine Fair from 7-9 June 2022.
Twenty-nine Australian wineries from Victoria, South Australia and New South Wales are expanding into the UK and are seeking importers, with winemakers, winery owners and principals flying over to participate in the London Wine Fair’s Wines Unearthed new-to-market area.
Laura Jewell MW, Wine Australia’s Regional General Manager UK EMEA, said the Wines Unearthed area is a fantastic opportunity for buyers to discover new Australian wine brands.
“Our producers are excited to be personally introducing their wines to trade in the UK. These new-to-market wines give an excellent snapshot of the current, vibrant wine scene in Australia. From elegant sparkling wines to racy Riesling, classic Cabernet and old vine Shiraz, to alternative varieties and innovative styles, there’s a perfect fit for every buyer and every portfolio.”
Aussie highlights at Wines Unearthed:
- Pioneering winemakers and winery owners – Tom Keelan (The Pawn), Natalie Pizzini (Pizzini Wines), Madeleine Marson (Vinea Marson), Jo Irvine (Levrier Wines), Brett Hayes (Hayes Family Wines) and many more.
- 40 different grape varieties, including Aglianico, Fiano, Grüner Veltliner, Nebbiolo, Nero d’Avola, Sangiovese, Saperavi, Tempranillo and Petit Meslier.
- Sparkling wines from Adelaide Hills, Eden Valley, King Valley and Alpine Valleys.
- Classic and contemporary fine wines, from cool climate single vineyard Chardonnay to dry-grown old vine Shiraz.
- Low and no alcohol (NOLO) wines, certified organic producers, and wines from Sustainable Winegrowing Australia members.
- ‘Unlock Victoria’ and the state’s wines – participants can pick a key to open a safe near stands 113-117 and 144 to win a fantastic prize including one of three Big Green Egg barbecues and a range of Victorian goodies.