The Emergency Management (Forensic Science SA Vaccination) (COVID-19) Direction 2021 has been revoked and replaced by the Emergency Management (Forensic Science SA Vaccination No 2) (COVID-19) Direction 2022. This Direction comes into effect at 00.01 on 29 January 2022.
Key changes include:
People who engage in work or perform duties in Forensic Science SA need to have a third COVID-19 vaccination dose / booster (or have evidence of a booking to receive a COVID-19 booster) within 4 weeks of becoming eligible.
This also includes and all people who attend the Forensic Science SA facility incidentally, such as delivery drivers or suppliers.
However, a person who engages in work or performs duties in Forensic Science SA is not required to have a COVID-19 booster shot if:
- They have a medical certificate or a letter from a legally qualified medical practitioner certifying that the person:
- Has a medical exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine on either a permanent or temporary basis in accordance with guidelines published by ATAGI (Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation); or
- Has a medical exemption on either a permanent or temporary basis from receiving the preferred vaccine as recommended by ATAGI for the person’s age; or
- Has an appointment to be assessed by a medical specialist or has started an assessment to determine if they have a medical exemption; and
- The certificate or letter specifies the nature of the exemption and the basis on which it applies; and
- The Chief Public Health Officer or her delegate has endorsed the exemption; and
- The person must provide the operator of the Forensic Science SA facility with a copy of the endorsement.
From 29 January 2022, visitors to Forensic Science SA need to have a third COVID-19 vaccination dose / booster within 4 weeks of becoming eligible.
Unvaccinated visitors are not to enter Forensic Science SA unless they have an exemption as listed above. However, regardless of vaccination status, people who are less than 12 years and 2 months of age are permitted to enter Forensic Science SA.
Other existing requirements remain.
The information above only highlights the key changes made to the Directions and does not reflect all requirements. Members of the public are encouraged to see the full Directions for further information.
All existing directions, frequently asked questions and other information can be found here: https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/emergency-declarations