Victorian business gets the green light for a spectacular summer
The State Government has today given the green light for all Victorian businesses to welcome back customers and staff from 6pm on Friday, 29 October as we prepare to hit the 80 per cent fully vaccinated target. Importantly, once we hit the 90 per cent vaccinated target there will be only minimal restrictions in place, meaning it will be a spectacular summer.
Regional and Metropolitan Victoria will reunite and new conditions will be in place across the state including:
- Indoor settings, including restaurants, reception venues, pubs, gyms and hairdressers will open with no caps subject to a 1 per 4sqm limit, if all staff and patrons are fully vaccinated.
- Most outdoor settings will remain at 1 per 2sqm limit up to 500, for vaccinated staff and patrons.
- All retail will open.
- Entertainment venues will reopen. For indoor seated venues including cinemas and theatres, there will a 75 per cent capacity or 1 per 4sqm limit up to 1,000 people and for non-seated indoor entertainment venues there will be a 1 per 4sqm limit with no patron cap.
- Outdoor seated and non-seated entertainment venues including stadiums, zoos and tourism attractions will be open with a 1 per 2sqm limit up to 5,000 where staff and patrons are fully vaccinated.
- Events – such as music festivals – will be able to host up to 5,000 attendees, subject to any restrictions related to the venue and larger crowds will be considered under the Public Events Framework.
- Indoor community sport open for minimum number required.
- 10 people including dependents can visit your home per day.
- Up to 30 people including dependants can gather in public outside.
- Masks will remain mandatory indoors but are no longer required outdoors.
The Victorian Chamber stands ready to support businesses in their recovery and reopening journeys.
To be attributed to Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry Chief Executive Paul Guerra:
“Knowing that from Friday every business in the state can trade viably and that Regional and Metropolitan Victoria will finally be able to reunite means Team Victoria is back! Friday will be a champagne day for business which will then set us up for a spectacular summer.
“This now starts a business-led recovery for the state. To be back on the same page, under the same rules and able to visit some of our favourite places in both Regional and Metropolitan Victoria again will provide a real boost to both business and morale. We know today’s announcement will be a massive step forward for the tourism, entertainment and events sector which can now plan to come back strong.
“We are thrilled to hear the Premier outline what life will look like when we hit the 90 per cent target. These freedoms reflect the Chamber’s strong advocacy and input.
“While we know there will be challenges and obstacles to overcome as we all get used to this new way of living and working, the Victorian Chamber stands ready to support businesses as they plan and prepare to operate in the new COVID Normal.”