As part of Operation SOUTIEN, officers from the Western Australia Joint Anti Child Exploitation Team (JACET) have charged two men with Possession of Child Exploitation Material.
Operation SOUTIEN, led by the Australian Centre to Counter Child Exploitation (ACCCE), involved a month of action with state and territory police, Australian Federal Police and the Australian Border Force working side-by-side targeting high-threat online child sex offenders in Australia.
It will be alleged during search warrants executed at the men’s residences, computer and electronic devices were located belonging to the men that contained child exploitation material.
• A 74-year-old man from Willetton is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court on 24 December 2019; and
• A 56-year-old man from Clarkson is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court on 27 December 2019.
WA Police Force urge any members of the public who have any information about people involved in child sexual exploitation and abuse, to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or online at www.crimestopperswa.com.au.
JACET recommend the web site ThinkUKnow for child safety tips www.thinkuknow.org.au which include:
• Supervision for young children is critical in preventing self-produced child exploitation material and online grooming.
• Make sure your child feels comfortable in talking to you or another trusted adult about issues they might be experiencing online.
• It is never too late to seek support or help.