The stage is set for a huge Friday and weekend in Horsham.
HRCC Christmas Extravaganza
Head down between 5pm and 9pm for family fun including:
- Visit from Santa at 6.30pm
- Jamie and Kim’s Mobile Zoo
- Bad Boy Burgers Hot Chocolate Bar
- Wimmera Woodturners Santa’s Workshop
- Horsham Youth Council Scavenger Hunt (5pm) – collect instructions from Horsham Youth Council next to Christmas tree (Roberts Place)
- Mayoral Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony (9pm)
- Polka-dot face painting
- Musician – Rob Eales, 5pm to 6pm and 8pm to 9pm
- Musician – Voices of the Wimmera (carols), 6pm to 7pm
- Musician – Emily Fredrickson, 7pm to 8pm.
Wimmera Mail-Times Black Friday Shopping
After two years of economic and social hardship, let’s get behind our local business and pick up a bargain at the same time. Sales run from 9am to 9pm and there is free parking throughout the city.
Firebrace Street will not be closed to traffic, unlike previous years.
On Saturday and Sunday, the Kannamaroo Festival will move to the Horsham Showgrounds.
On Saturday, the festival will begin at 10am and continue until 10pm, with MIXX FM’s Pyromusical Festival Spectacular hosting an extended fireworks display at 9.30pm at the greyhound track.
From 6-9pm, live music will be performing near the river, with acts such as two time Golden Guitar winner Andrew Swift and Rockin’ Solo Dave.
On Sunday, the Riverside Market will come to the showgrounds from 9am to 2pm, with many attractions including bands, petting zoos, food vans and a magician.