From tomorrow, Monday, 30 March 2020, the below changes from Woolworths will come into effect to further support the health and wellbeing of customers and team:
- Our dedicated Community Hour* will continue from 7am-8am for the following groups:
- Seniors and People with a Disability – Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- *NEW* Emergency Services & Healthcare Workers – Tuesday & Thursday
- Our teams on checkouts will now rotate every two hours to ensure face-to-face interactions are limited to keep everyone safer
- Lastly we ask customers to pack their own shopping bags at the checkout as a further protection measure for both store teams and customers. If a customer’s shopping bag is not clean, we will replace it for free.
The above are in addition to social distancing measures implemented by Woolworths earlier this week including:
- The rollout of plexiglass screens across our manned checkouts as an additional safeguard for our team members and customers.
- A store greeter to wipe down baskets, trolleys and inform customers of recent changes, such as social distancing cues including keeping 1.5m apart, adjusted trading hours and product limit information.
- Closing some registers in the self serve and express check outs to provide additional space between customers in those areas.
- Encouraging customers to use tap and pay wherever possible
- Additional deep cleaning and hygiene processes and security guard coverage across every store
Woolworths Supermarkets Managing Director, Claire Peters said:
The safety and health of our teams and customers remains our top priority as we continue to support the essential food and grocery needs of the Australian community.
Our social distancing measures have been well received by our customers and team members to date and we’re grateful for the community support of this important public health effort. Introducing additional measures such as packing your own bag and rotating our teams at checkouts every two hours will further support the health and wellbeing of everyone.
We are pleased to extend our dedicated Community Hour to emergency services and healthcare workers from next week. This service will no longer be offered at our 41 Priority Delivery Hub stores announced earlier this week, so we would encourage customers to check local trading hours before shopping.
Our teams, suppliers and logistics partners continue to work hard behind the scenes to improve product availability for our customers in-store.
We thank our customers for their understanding as we work through these challenging times together.