The Department of Communities is currently seeking applications for the Youth Week WA 2022 Grants Program is now open and will close Thursday, 23 December 2021.
Funding of up to $1,000 for individual events and up to $3,000 for collaborative community-wide events will be available for eligible organisations to host an event during Youth Week WA 2022, 8-16 April 2022.
Applications must to address the following criteria:
- the event or activity will be held during Youth Week WA 2021 (8-16 April 2022)
- demonstrate that young people are involved in the planning and implementation of the event/activity
- the event or activity is focused on acknowledging and celebrating the positive contribution young people make to their local communities
- the event or activity provides opportunities for young people, aged 10-25 years, to raise issues important to them and explore possible solutions
- the event or activity provides opportunities for young people to showcase and/or develop their skills and talents
- demonstrate that the event or activity involves partnerships with other community organisations and/or local government
- evidence of sound planning and demonstrated ability to manage the project
- the requested grant amount is reasonable given the aim of the project, number of participants and expected outcomes (value for money).
Priority will be given to events held in regional and remotes areas of Western Australia and to events and organisations that have not previously been funded through the Youth Week WA Grants Program.
The program guidelines and application form can be accessed at Youth Week WA Grants (www.wa.gov.au).
Applications close at 4:00pm on Thursday, 23 December 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.