Additional charges have been laid over a crash in which a teenager died on the Central Coast in March.
About 4.30am on Saturday 21 March 2020, emergency services responded to reports of a single-vehicle crash on Washington Avenue, Niagara Park, and found four teenage boys seriously injured; one, aged 17, died at the scene.
Two males, a 17-year-old from Terrigal and an 18-year-old from Wyoming, were taken to John Hunter Hospital. Another 17-year-old boy, from Ourimbah, was treated at Gosford Hospital.
The alleged driver, an 18-year-old man, on his release from hospital on Sunday 22 March 2020, was taken to Woy Woy Police Station where he was charged by officers from the Crash Investigation Unit with five offences:
- Dangerous driving occasioning death – drive manner dangerous
- Dangerous driving occasioning grievous bodily harm – drive manner dangerous
- Negligent driving (occasioning death)
- Negligent driving (occasioning grievous bodily harm), and
- P1 driver – less than 25 – drive at night with more than one passenger less than 21 years.
Today (Thursday 20 August 2020), the Ourimbah man was served with an additional two charges of drive motor vehicle with illicit drug present in oral fluid and drive vehicle under influence of drugs.
He will appear in Gosford Local Court on Friday 21 August 2020.