A six-month update on the progress of Willoughby Council’s Delivery Program 2017-21, during the 2020/21 financial year shows that despite the disruption of the pandemic, Council has delivered or is well on track to deliver intended projects, works and business improvements for the benefit of the community.
Highlights of the report, presented to Council at its meeting on Monday 2 August include:
- Projects and Capital Works – all major Council activities with allocated funding and defined start and end dates. At the end of the 2020/21 financial year, 99% of Council’s projects and capital works projects were completed or delivered as planned, exceeding the overall target of 85%. Key successes include:
- Across-the-board delivery or on schedule delivery of environment, sports, pavement, stormwater and drainage projects.
- Despite a range of changing restrictions due to the pandemic, Council successfully delivered nine community events.
- Business Improvement Initiatives – aimed at improving the community’s customer experience and maximising value for money by ensuring Council’s processes are effective, efficient and meeting customers’ and citizens’ needs. Council well exceeded its corporate target of 85%, with 100% of initiatives complete. Improvement achieved included:
- Comprehensive reviews of development application fee processes and customer service request codes, categories and processes.
- Improvements to development and traffic permit processes
- Key Performance Indicators – measuring the performance of key services. 99 per cent of Corporate Performance Indicators were delivered as planned.
“These reports confirm Willoughby City Council remains in a strong position, delivering the projects and works we promised the community, as well as improving our existing services and initiatives.
“I’m proud to see Council is following through on its commitment to providing exceptional facilities, services and customer support for our community,” said Willoughby Mayor, Gail Giles-Gidney.
View the full Delivery Program report here