Detectives have charged three people, including two former foster carers, following an investigation into the alleged sexual and physical abuse of three teenage girls in Sydney’s south-west.
In August this year, detectives from the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad established Strike Force Dowell to investigate reports three teenage girls had been sexually and physically abused by a man and a woman while in their care between 2013 and 2020.
Following extensive investigations, detectives arrested a 79-year-old man and a 63-year-old woman at Liverpool Police Station just after 11am on Monday (14 December 2020).
The man was charged with 13 offences including;
- groom child under 14 years for unlawful sexual activity,
- groom child for unlawful sexual activity,
- aggravated sexual intercourse person between 10 and 14 years,
- aggravated sexual intercourse child between 14 and 16 years,
- aggravated indecent assault (victim under authority),
- incite aggravated indecency (victim under 16 years and under authority),
- indecent assault person under 16 years of age,
- aggravated incite person do sexual act with them,
- conceal child abuse offence,
- cause to take intoxicating substance to commit indictable offence, and,
- intentionally sexually touch child between 10 and 16 years (x3).
He appeared at Liverpool Local Court on Tuesday (15 December 2020), where he was granted strict conditional bail to reappear at the same court on Tuesday 16 February 2021.
The woman was charged with 11 offences including;
- conceal child abuse offence (x2),
- common assault (x2),
- use intimidation/violence to unlawfully influence person,
- stalk/intimidate intend fear physical etc harm (x3),
- conspiracy to commit dishonestly obtain financial advantage by deception, and,
- hinder investigation serious indictable offence of other (x2).
She appeared at Liverpool Local Court on Tuesday (15 December 2020), where she was formally refused bail to reappear at the same court on Tuesday 16 February 2021.
Following further inquiries, officers from Liverpool City Police Area Command arrested a 35-year-old man during a vehicle stop at Minto, about 6pm yesterday (Thursday 17 December 2020).
The man was taken to Campbelltown Police Station and charged with have sexual intercourse with person (aged between 10 and 14 years), conspiracy to commit dishonestly obtain financial advantage by deception and drive motor vehicle during disqualification period.
Police will allege in court the man sexually assaulted a young girl, who was known to him.
He was refused bail to appear at Campbelltown Local Court today (Friday 18 December 2020).
Investigations under Strike Force Dowell are continuing.
The Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad is comprised of detectives who are specially trained to investigate matters against children and adults, including sexual assault, serious physical abuse, and extreme cases of neglect.
Anyone with concerns about suspected child abuse or exploitation should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au.
Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence. People should not report crime information via our Facebook and Twitter pages.