Do you know a young person between 12–25 years doing amazing things in our community?
Tell us about the inspiring young people in your life by nominating them in our annual Youth Awards, which celebrate and recognise the incredible achievements of young people in the shire.
Nominations opened on Monday 26 October and can be for any young person, or group of young people, aged 12–25 years who lives, works or attends school in the Macedon Ranges.
Council’s Director Corporate and Community, John Hausler said the awards were a great opportunity to recognise and acknowledge the inspirational work of young people, and to allow their work to be showcased.
“We are so lucky in the Macedon Ranges to have such an engaged community of young people, but some of the time the amount of work they put into creating positive change in the community can go unnoticed. The Youth Awards changes that,” he said.
2019 Youth Award Winner Laura Crozier was awarded a Community Participation Award for her work around student voice and youth mental health, and for her volunteer work with groups such as the Victorian Student Representative Council.
“I’ve been fortunate to be nominated in the Youth Awards previously, and I feel excited for all the young people who will be nominated this year. I would encourage everyone in the Macedon Ranges to think about the young people they know, and to nominate them in the 2020 Youth Awards,” she said.
Young people can be nominated in one of the following categories:
- Will power: young people who show real character and perseverance, especially in the face of adversity
- Good deeds: young people who give their time and energy to activities that support the wellbeing of another individual, group or community.
- Pure imagination: young people pursuing their passion for creativity through the arts.
- Nicely played: young people kicking recreational and physical activity goals.
- Skilling it: young people excelling in a mentorship program, workplace or business.
- Well aware: young people who shine light on important issues/social causes and raises awareness in the community.
Nominations close at 11.59pm on Sunday 22 November and forms can be lodged online. The winners will be announced during an online 2020 Youth Awards event on Saturday 12 December.