A man will appear in court today charged after a firearm was seized following a pursuit with police in Sydney’s south west yesterday.
Just after 1pm (Wednesday 16 December 20220), officers from Fairfield City Police Area Command attempted to stop a Toyota Landcruiser, displaying false plates, on Elizabeth Drive, Liverpool.
The Toyota stopped on Collimore Avenue; however, drove off as officers got out of their vehicle.
A pursuit was initiated, turning right into Moore Street and into Stanton Street where the Toyota collided with a Volkswagen – forcing it into a parked Honda – before crashing into a tree.
The occupants got out and ran from the vehicle, pursued by police.
The driver, a 33-year-old man was arrested in the backyard of a nearby home. A second man was unable to be located.
During a search, officers allegedly located methamphetamine, heroine, a flick knife, multiple fraudulent driver’s licences, and cash in the man’s possession.
The Landcruiser, reportedly stolen from Macquarie Park last week, displayed false plates. During a search of the vehicle, officers allegedly located and seized a loaded unregistered shortened rifle.
The man was taken to Liverpool Police Station where he was charged with 18 offences including;
– Drive conveyance taken without consent of owner,
– Police pursuit – not stop – drive recklessly,
– Knowingly possess identity plate not on correct vehicle,
– Supply prohibited drug – indictable,
– Supply prohibited drug,
– Four counts of possess identity info to commit indictable offence,
– Possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit,
– Deal with property proceeds of crime,
– Possess loaded firearm public place,
– Possess shortened firearm (not pistol) without authority,
– Possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority,
– Possess unregistered firearm – not prohibited firearm/pistol,
– Acquire etc firearm – subject to prohibition order,
– Acquire etc ammunition subject to prohibition, and
– Use prohibited weapon contrary to prohibition order.
He was refused bail to appear at Liverpool Local Court today (Thursday 17 December 2020).