Australian gamers can now get their hands on the new Razer Phone 2 with Optus exclusively releasing it today for sale in store and online.
The latest smartphone, by one of the worlds leading lifestyle brands for gamers, is available on select premium handset plans with generous double data inclusions.
Optus Head of Product Shawn Van Graan said, Optus is moving into a new and exciting esports market as the exclusive Australian carrier of the amazing new Razer Phone 2, he said.
As one of the worlds top gaming device manufacturers, Razer has designed a high-performance smartphone that is packed with features, including a 120Hz LCD display, extra-long battery life and internal cooling system, making it the perfect companion for Optus customers who love gaming and consuming video content on the go.
Our Optus plans for the Razer Phone 2 offer huge amounts of data, as well as the option to add entertainment extras including Optus Sport and TV streaming on eligible subscription services without using the plans data, which is perfect for mobile gamers and entertainment fans. Mr Van Graan said.
Premium plans for a premium handset
Optus will offer the Razer Phone 2 on its My Plan Plus 24-month postpaid mobile plans, including the $105/mth plan with a $0 device repayment and 200GB of monthly data (100GB bonus data offer ends 13 January 2019) (min. total cost is $2,520 over 24 months).
Optus My Plan Plus postpaid handset plans of $105 and above offer the following monthly inclusions:
- Unlimited standard national calls and texts
- Unlimited standard international calls and texts from Australia to up to 35 countries
- Roaming while overseas, including data allowances and unlimited standard international calls and texts
- Optus Sport subscription can be added as an optional extra at no extra charge: customers can watch year-round Premier League action, plus the 2018/19 UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa Cup and UEFA Nations League live
- Access to the National Geographic App included at no extra cost: customers can watch hundreds of hours of science and nature documentaries and movies
- Music streaming via Google Play, iHeartRadio and Spotify (subscriptions required) without using the plans data can be added as an optional extra
- The option to stream Netflix, Stan and ABC iView without using the plans data for an additional $5 per month (subscriptions required)
- Data Pool enabling customers to share data between eligible plans on the same bill
Optus has committed to growing the gaming and esports ecosystem in Australia and, in October, sponsored the Singtel Groups inaugural PVP Esports Championship in Singapore.
Were seeing mobile gaming and esports growing in popularity in Australia and as Optus is one of the largest mobile internet providers in the country we want to make sure were at the forefront of this emerging market and offering products and services specifically for these customers, Mr Van Graan said.