We’d like your feedback on the R&D Tax Incentive (R&DTI) draft determination on clinical trials.
The Industry Research and Development (clinical trials, Phase 0, I, II, III for an unapproved therapeutic good) Determination 2021 facilitates certain clinical trials R&D registration by using existing government clinical trial registrations.
This is the first R&D Tax Incentive determination in development following changes in the legislation that came into effect in 2021. AusIndustry has consulted with the Australian Taxation Office and Department of Health on this work.
Determinations provide companies with certainty that their activities are eligible R&D activities under legislation. They are designed to:
- strengthen Australia’s reputation for competitive research and development incentives
- integrate processes across government departments and facilitate access to government services
- help attract more investment to and create jobs in Australia.
Your feedback is vital to ensure the determination:
- is robust and relevant when adopted
- can facilitate clinical trials research and development in Australia.
We value your input and insights.
Submissions close on 17 February 2022.