The aquatic facilities in Avenel, Euroa, Violet Town and Nagambie are ready to welcome community members cooling off over the summer months.
The operating hours are as follows:
- 1-17 December 2021: Weekdays: 12pm – 6pm | Weekends: 12pm – 7pm
- 18 December 2021 – 30 January 2022: Daily: 12pm – 8pm
- 31 January-14 March 2022: Weekdays: 12pm – 8pm | Weekends: 12pm – 7pm
- Morning swims (Avenel, Euroa and Violet Town pools only): Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 7am – 9am
All outdoor pools are closed on Christmas Day and if the temperature is less than 22 degrees and on days of extreme weather events.
Strathbogie Shire Council Mayor Cr Laura Binks said this arrangement allows Council to keep the facilities open for longer on days of extreme heat where hanging out by the pool is a great escape.
“If the temperature is more than 30 degrees at 6pm, we will keep the pools open for longer to ensure our community members can stay nice and cool during days of extreme heat,” Cr Binks said.
Cr Binks said Council was looking forward to hosting the Summer Splash series for the Shire’s youth, featuring healthy food, music and games at the outdoor pools on Saturdays from 4.30-7.30pm, with the exception of the first event in Euroa, on the following dates:
- Friday, 17 December 2021 (4-7pm), Euroa
- 8 January 2022, Avenel
- 15 January 2022, Violet Town
- 29 January 2022, Nagambie
- 5 February 2022, Euroa
- 19 February 2022, Avenel
- 5 March 2022, Nagambie
- 12 March 2022, Violet Town
“We’re looking forward to seeing young people attending these fun events, getting out enjoying the warmer weather with friends,” Cr Binks said.
“It is important to slip, slop and slap when you are at the pool. Staying in the shade, wearing loose covering clothes and keeping your hat on when you are not swimming are important. Remember to reapply sunscreen regularly as the water washes it off and stay hydrated by drinking lots of water.
Entry for Strathbogie Shire Council ratepayers is free – the annual pool pass can be found on the bottom of your rates notice.