Cafes, restaurants, bars and local businesses will benefit from the NSW Government’s plans to transform the Sydney CBD into a COVID Safe alfresco city.
Working alongside the City of Sydney, the NSW Government will support retailers, cafes, bars and restaurants to increase business opportunities over the summer months.
The new initiative will include:
- allowing more flexible outdoor dining and seating arrangements
- establishing outdoor entertainment stages throughout the Sydney CBD
- enhancing the promotion of cultural institutions and allowing them to extend hours of operation
- extending retail trading hours
- providing more flexible public transport options.
Treasurer Dominic Perrottet said the government will explore a range of options and will invest in the right projects that support businesses and jobs.
“Our health response has been strong and that will allow us to have a strong economic response to ensure Sydney is ready for summer,” Mr Perrottet said.
Learn more and get ready for a COVID Safe summer.