We’ve taken the next step on the path to reopening from COVID-19.
Following the Premier’s announcement the following changes to restrictions now apply:
- No curfew
- Up to five people from two households can meet in a public outdoor space
- One nominated visitor to your home if living alone to create a “social bubble” will continue
- Face masks remain mandatory – head shields, scarves and bandannas are no longer permitted on their own. If you are having trouble obtaining masks, we can help to provide reusable and single use masks free of charge
- Childcare reopens to all children
- Outdoors personal training permitted with up to two people per trainer
- Bayside drinking fountains reopen
- Shopping – no person limits.
We are help to support our community through the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are in need of assistance, including if you are feeling lonely or isolated, please contact us on 9599 4444 to speak with one of our friendly COVID Support Team.
Getting back to the books
In great news for our young residents, schools will return from 12 October, with VCE/VCAL students sitting assessments from 5 October.
Our school crossing supervisors will be back to support the return – we’ll be working with local schools to get crossings back up and running when school resumes in term 4.
For residents keen to get back to the books, Bayside Libraries are open by appointment for click and collect. Simply reserve your book or resource via our online reservation system and we’ll contact you on how to collect or receive it.
The road map to future easing
The other key change is that further easing of restrictions are no longer tied to dates but to public health “trigger points” of case numbers.
We’ll continue to plan for the reopening of Council services, facilities and for activities to help our residents and businesses recover from the pandemic so we are ready to respond.
Reminder on restrictions
The following restrictions remain in place:
- Leave home only for the four reasons
- Stay local within your 5km zone
- Two hours exercise or social interaction per day
- Restaurants and cafes remain takeaway or delivery only.
- View the full details of the Second Step here.
Throughout the easing of restrictions, the following COVIDSafe principles always apply – wear a face mask, remain 1.5m apart, practice good hand and cough/sneeze hygiene and don’t go out if unwell.