Share your love of reading with someone in need this Christmas by donating a new book to the Playford Library service’s Give the Gift of Reading initiative.
Donated books will be collected and distributed by Anglicare SA within their Christmas Hampers.
How to get involved:
- Collect a gift tag from one of our Christmas trees at the Playford Civic Centre or Stretton Centre Libraries
- Purchase a new book for a child, teenager or adult
- Drop it off at the Playford Library with your gift tag filled in to be in the draw to WIN one of three QBD bookstore vouchers
- Books will be donated to Anglicare once the initiative closes on Tuesday, 15 December 2020
- Anglicare will distribute the books to the local community in their Christmas hampers
Donations open on Monday, 2 November and close on Tuesday, 15 December.
Gift tag donation competition terms and conditions can be located here.
This year it’s ‘Garage Sale Trail, the Covid-19 Recovery Edition.’ Dedicated to helping you make or save some money – just in time for Christmas!
This year the country’s biggest weekend of garage sales is happening on Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 November 2020 and with new ways to get involved both online and in the real world, you can take part no matter what restrictions are in place. You’ll divert valuable resources from landfill and make some money in the process.
If you, like us, have been busy using all this stay at home time to declutter, what better year could there be to have a garage sale online or in your community? You decide what you do with the proceeds of your garage sale and you get heaps of support to be successful and stay safe on the Trail too.
Registrations to host a sale open in mid September. It’s free and anyone can do it, whether you’re a household, community group, a whole street, school or even a local business.
You get your own sale listing or webpage and promotional materials to help make your garage sale a success.
There is still have time to acknowledge a family member, neighbour or friend who inspires you, and goes above and beyond supporting the Playford community.
Or maybe it’s a community group or sports club that demonstrates great commitment to our community.
Nominations must be submitted by 5pm on Friday, 20 November 2020.